Trio charged with armed robbery in Smyrna, Delaware
SMYRNA, Del. - February 15, 2014 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Troopers have charged three teens in connection with the armed robbery of a Smyrna liquor store Friday night.
The incident occurred just before 10:00 p.m. at the Spruance City Liquors.
According to police, two males wearing ski masks entered the store.
One suspect was armed with a handgun and the other was carrying a backpack.
The suspects approached a 46-year-old male sales clerk.
Police say the suspect with the gun pointed at the victim and demanded that he remove cash from the register and put it in the backpack.
The clerk turned over an unknown amount of cash to the suspects and they fled the store on foot to a waiting vehicle.
The clerk was not hurt..
A radio dispatch was made about the robbery and shortly after, a Police officer stopped a Nissan Sentra in the area.
The Nissan was driven by 19-year-old Branden Blackson of Smyrna, Delaware.
18-year-old Dylan Wilson of Smyrna and 17-year-old Andrew Burns of Clayton, Delaware were the passengers inside the vehicle.
The officer observed a backpack and ski mask inside of the car, matching the description from the robbery.
All three were taken into custody without incident and charged with robbery.
delaware news, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 23 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 9 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 8 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 3 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 16 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
13 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
23 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
9 min ago