Fire damages 25 apartments in Croydon
CROYDON, Pa. - February 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- 13 families sought assistance after an apartment fire Saturday night in Croydon, Bucks County.
Crews were called to the Croyden Station Apartments in the 900 block of Bristol Pike in the B Building around 11:00 p.m.
The fire was placed under control within 20 minutes.
No injuries were reported in the blaze.
The American Red Cross Southeastern Pennsylvania assisted 13 families, 33 people with financial assistance for food, clothing, and lodging.
In all, 25 apartments were affected.
The Red Cross says several other families had other places to go and did not need assistance. They will likely be able to return to their apartments in the next few days.
There is no word yet on a cause.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, fire, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 18 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ