Water main break in Upper Merion Twp., driver crashes
UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. - February 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Crews repaired a 6-inch water main that broke in Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County.
The break occurred around 11:00 p.m. Saturday on Route 202 between Henderson Road and Ivy Lane.
Route 202 was shut down until 11:30 a.m. Sunday while crews worked on repairs.
Around 3:00 a.m. police say a driver came upon the police road block and swerved at the last minute to avoid hitting the Upper Merion patrol car. The vehicle ran off Route 202 and up an embankment. The vehicle then struck a traffic control box knocking out the traffic signal.
The driver was not injured, but was taken into custody and faces DUI charges, according to police.
The break has since been repaired. No word on a cause.
pennsylvania news, water main break, accident, DUI, montgomery county news, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 56 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 38 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
56 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
38 min ago