$1M Powerball ticket sold in Pa., estimated jackpot surges to $400M
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - February 16, 2014 (WPVI) -- Lottery officials say there was no jackpot winner in Saturday's Powerball drawing, adding the current estimated jackpot has jumped to $400 million or $227.8 million in cash value.
Although there were no big jackpot winners, one ticket sold in Pennsylvania matched the five white balls and is worth $1-million.
Powerball said the next drawing will be Wednesday, Feb. 19. It added in a statement that the previous estimated jackpot total was an annuitized $330.8 million, or $188.4 million as a cash option.
Powerball is played in 43 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The odds of matching all six numbers in the game are 1 in about 175 million, according to statistics pf the nonprofit Multi-State Lottery Association whose members offer one or more of the association's games.
pennsylvania news, powerball, lottery, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 30 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 49 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 17 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 15 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Twin boys escape carjacker by screaming,...
1 min ago