1 dead, child wounded in shooting at unlicensed Camden tattoo shop
CAMDEN, N.J. - February 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a man is dead and a 12-year-old was wounded after a shooting in Camden, New Jersey.
The shooting happened shortly after 1:30 p.m. inside a home in the 2100 block of Sewell Street.
Action News has learned that an unlicensed tattoo parlor was operating in the home.
The victim is identified as 39-year-old Kenny Moultrie, who lived inside the home.
Police say a 12-year-old boy who was caught in the gunfire was taken to Cooper University Hospital for surgery.
Investigators say the shooter was a customer of the tattoo shop.
No word on a motive.
new jersey news, camden news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Plane's landing gear apparently collapses at PHL 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad