1 dead, child wounded in shooting at unlicensed Camden tattoo shop
CAMDEN, N.J. - February 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a man is dead and a 12-year-old was wounded after a shooting in Camden, New Jersey.
The shooting happened shortly after 1:30 p.m. inside a home in the 2100 block of Sewell Street.
Action News has learned that an unlicensed tattoo parlor was operating in the home.
The victim is identified as 39-year-old Kenny Moultrie, who lived inside the home.
Police say a 12-year-old boy who was caught in the gunfire was taken to Cooper University Hospital for surgery.
Investigators say the shooter was a customer of the tattoo shop.
No word on a motive.
new jersey news, camden news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 4 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 52 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape