1 person hospitalized in Temple University hazmat
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - February 17, 2014 (WPVI) -- One person was sickened after a hazmat incident on the campus of Temple University.
It happened around 6:30 Monday night inside Beury Hall on the 1900 block of North 13th Street in North Philadelphia.
Fire crews responded to the report of chemical spill on the fourth floor of the building.
Upon arrival, crews located the chemical which was chromium trioxide, a compound considered to be corrosive and toxic.
One person was taken to the hospital for treatment. No word if the victim was a student or employee.
University officials say the building was cleared and the situation was brought under control.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, temple, hazmat, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases