House fire kills 84-year-old man in Germantown
PHILADELPHIA - February 18, 2014 (WPVI) -- Officials say an 84-year-old man died in a house fire in the city's Germantown section late Monday night.
The fire broke around 11:24 p.m. on the unit block of East Washington Lane.
Firefighters arrived to the scene within minutes and found flames spreading through the first floor.
An elderly man was found trapped in the kitchen.
He was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead a short time later.
Fire investigators say there were no working smoke detectors in the victim's home.
The Fire Marshal is trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, germantown news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 4 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 37 min ago
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 11 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
4 min ago