House fire kills 84-year-old man in Germantown
PHILADELPHIA - February 18, 2014 (WPVI) -- Officials say an 84-year-old man died in a house fire in the city's Germantown section late Monday night.
The fire broke around 11:24 p.m. on the unit block of East Washington Lane.
Firefighters arrived to the scene within minutes and found flames spreading through the first floor.
An elderly man was found trapped in the kitchen.
He was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead a short time later.
Fire investigators say there were no working smoke detectors in the victim's home.
The Fire Marshal is trying to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, germantown news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 37 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 35 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 36 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
54 min ago