14-year-old boy dies after South Philadelphia stabbing, suspect under arrest
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 18, 2014 (WPVI) -- A 14-year-old boy has died after being stabbed last week.
Friends and family of the murdered teen took to the streets Tuesday night.
They gathered at 18th and Hoffman in South Philadelphia to remember Azim Chaplin.
He died at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Tuesday, one week after suffering a knife wound to the chest.
Police arrested 15-year-old Amber Hellesten in connection with the stabbing. She was charged with Attempted Murder.
Her relationship with the victim was unclear at the time of her arrest.
The stabbing occurred last week on the 2100 block of Watkins Street in South Philadelphia.
Loved ones held a candlelight vigil for the boy they called "Zeem", released balloons in his name, and marched through the streets asking for justice.
The incident remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, stabbing, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 19 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
29 min ago