Police identify man killed in I-476 crash in Radnor
RADNOR, Pa. - February 19, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a 25-year-old man was killed after he was ejected from a vehicle in a crash on I-476 in Delaware County Tuesday evening.
It was around 5:00 p.m. when Pennsylvania State Police and paramedics were called out to the southbound lanes of I-476, just south of Route 30 in Radnor, for the report of an accident.
According to authorities, 25-year-old Stevens Downs of Newtown Square was traveling at a high rate of speed in the center lane when he allegedly made an aggressive lane change into the left lane and struck the guardrail head-on.
The impact sent his vehicle into a roll, and Downs, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle during the rollover.
The vehicle came to rest in the right shoulder of the highway and Downs landed in the left shoulder area.
Paramedics rushed Downs to Crozer-Chester Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
No one else was injured in the incident.
Police are continuing the investigation.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, accident, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 59 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos