Trash truck gets stuck in a hole in West Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - February 21, 2014 (WPVI) -- Trash pickup in West Philadelphia was delayed Friday because of a stuck truck.
The street collapsed along the 1300 block of North Wanamaker Street causing the front wheels of the trash truck to get stuck in a small sinkhole.
A tow truck was eventually called to pull the vehicle off the one-way street.
Officials say a water main break was the source of the problem.
sinkhole, water main break, philadelphia news, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos