Man stabbed outside West Philadelphia bar
WEST PHILADELPHIA - February 23, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an overnight stabbing that left a man critically injured in West Philadelphia.
The incident occurred around 12:30 a.m. Sunday outside the Encore Bar near the intersection of 40th Street and Girard Avenue.
Police say two men got into an argument inside of the bar leading to an altercation outside.
According to authorities, one of the males pulled out a knife and stabbed the other multiple times, twice in his left side and twice in his lower back.
The victim, a 28-year-old male, was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
The suspect remains on the loose.
philadelphia news, west philadelphia news, stabbing, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 50 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos