Brother shoots at brother, girlfriend struck in Juniata Park
JUNIATA PARK - February 24, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a man opened fire in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia and struck his brother's girlfriend.
The shooting happened just before 11:30 p.m. Sunday on the 200 block of East Tioga Street.
Police say a man and his girlfriend were sitting on the front porch when the man's brother pulled up in a vehicle and began shooting.
According to authorities, the brother ducked and his girlfriend was struck in the thigh.
She was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The suspect fled the scene.
The brother tells police the fight began earlier in the day at their mother's house.
philadelphia news, juniata park news, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ