Brother shoots at brother, girlfriend struck in Juniata Park
JUNIATA PARK - February 24, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a man opened fire in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia and struck his brother's girlfriend.
The shooting happened just before 11:30 p.m. Sunday on the 200 block of East Tioga Street.
Police say a man and his girlfriend were sitting on the front porch when the man's brother pulled up in a vehicle and began shooting.
According to authorities, the brother ducked and his girlfriend was struck in the thigh.
She was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The suspect fled the scene.
The brother tells police the fight began earlier in the day at their mother's house.
philadelphia news, juniata park news, shooting, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police