Brother shoots at brother, girlfriend struck in Juniata Park
JUNIATA PARK - February 24, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police say a man opened fire in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia and struck his brother's girlfriend.
The shooting happened just before 11:30 p.m. Sunday on the 200 block of East Tioga Street.
Police say a man and his girlfriend were sitting on the front porch when the man's brother pulled up in a vehicle and began shooting.
According to authorities, the brother ducked and his girlfriend was struck in the thigh.
She was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The suspect fled the scene.
The brother tells police the fight began earlier in the day at their mother's house.
philadelphia news, juniata park news, shooting, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 9 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 23 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos