Man tried to hire hit man to hurt lawyers in Delaware, police say
BEAR, Delaware - February 24, 2014 (WPVI) -- A Bear, Delaware man is behind bars, charged with trying to hire a hit man to hurt two lawyers.
Authorities say what 28-year-old David Yarborough didn't know is that the man he tried to hire was actually a detective.
Police say Yarborough paid for the first hit, and drove to the homes of his intended victims with the fake hit man.
The detective then turned Yarborough in. No one was hurt.
One alleged victim was Yarborough's former attorney.
The other works in the Delaware Attorney General's office.
Yarborough is in jail on attempted assault and other charges.
He's being held on $130,000 cash bail.
delaware news, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 5 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape