Shot fired during robbery, 3 men arrested in NE Phila.
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - February 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested three men suspected of firing a shot during a robbery in Northeast Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. on Frankford Avenue near Benner Street.
According to the officers, three armed robbers stole a victim's wallet, cash, cellphone and then fired a shot.
Fortunately, no one was hit by the gunfire.
The suspects then fled in a car but were later caught.
Police arrested the robbers in the area of Revere and Robbins Street.
They say a gun was recovered inside the vehicle.
The victim's wallet was found on the ground at the robbery scene.
philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 43 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 44 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 19 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 45 min ago
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 15 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 51 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
34 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
44 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
45 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
19 min ago