100 gallons of fuel spill in I-95 crash, 1 injured
KENSINGTON - February 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- A crash on I-95 in the Kensington section of Philadelphia led to a fuel spill and one man hospitalized.
The accident happened around 5:55 a.m. Tuesday on the northbound lanes of I-95 near the Girard Avenue exit.
The crash involved a truck and another vehicle.
100 gallons of diesel fuel spilled from the truck onto the highway.
The driver of the car, a 64-year-old man, was injured in the crash.
The police department, fire department, and Hazmat crews were called to the scene.
The collision reduced traffic to one lane in the area during the morning rush.
philadelphia news, kensington news, accident, local/state
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 6 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 18 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 56 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 47 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 50 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
28 min ago