100 gallons of fuel spill in I-95 crash, 1 injured
KENSINGTON - February 25, 2014 (WPVI) -- A crash on I-95 in the Kensington section of Philadelphia led to a fuel spill and one man hospitalized.
The accident happened around 5:55 a.m. Tuesday on the northbound lanes of I-95 near the Girard Avenue exit.
The crash involved a truck and another vehicle.
100 gallons of diesel fuel spilled from the truck onto the highway.
The driver of the car, a 64-year-old man, was injured in the crash.
The police department, fire department, and Hazmat crews were called to the scene.
The collision reduced traffic to one lane in the area during the morning rush.
philadelphia news, kensington news, accident, local/state
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 6 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more