8 computers stolen from South Philadelphia school
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 26, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect who burglarized a school in South Philadelphia.
The incident happened at 5:30 p.m. on February 24, 2014, at the Southwark School, located on the 1800 block of South 9th Street.
Police say security cameras captured video of the suspect entering the school wheeling a suitcase behind him. The suspect headed for the third floor computer science classroom and took eight Apple Macbook laptop computers.
The suspect then fled the school into the schoolyard, but police say he became startled and reentered the school before exiting through the 9th Street doors.
The suspect is described as a black male standing 5'10" to 6'0" tall with a thin build. He was wearing blue jeans, black sneakers, a Geoff cap, and a dark colored coat with the hood pulled tight.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, burglary, theft, computers, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 30 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry 2 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 30 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 22 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 30 min ago
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 30 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Brush fire destroys 25 acres in Burlington Co. 7 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
30 min ago
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
30 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
30 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
22 min ago