Parking attendants arrested for $72K theft
READING, Pa. - February 27, 2014 (WPVI) -- Several people have been arrested in a major parking ticket scandal in Berks County.
Police say six employees of the Reading Parking Authority stole $72,000 from the agency by skimming from the fees collected at parking garages.
Authorities launched a sting operation after they found discrepancies in collection figures for events at the Santandare Arena and the Performing Arts Center.
Police say the employees collected cash from drivers but only turned over part of the earnings.
berks county news, pennsylvania news, theft, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
53 min ago