Glass-smashing burglary suspect identified in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 27, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police are on the hunt for a glass-smashing burglary suspect targeting businesses in Philadelphia and Delaware County.
Investigators believe Devon Powell is behind at least a half dozen burglaries since January.
They say Powell, who has a history of escape and assault on police, is known to have thrown bricks and rocks through the front door glass of businesses in South Philadelphia in order to enter and burglarize them.
He is wanted in connection with several burglaries in Yeadon, plus the following burglaries in Philadelphia:
Powell, who investigators believe is homeless and may be a substance abuser, is described as 49 years old, 5'11" tall, and 170 lbs.
He has been seeing wearing a hooded, dark colored jacket, blue jeans and white high-top sneakers. He wears prescription eyeglasses with gold frames and is known to operate a dark colored mountain bike.
Anyone with information on Powell's whereabouts is asked to contact South Detectives Division and contact Det. Figueroa or Det. McKenna of the Philadelphia Police Special Investigations Unit at 686-3013 or -3014.
philadelphia news, burglary, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 34 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 23 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia