Parasailing donkey to fly no more after UK sale
MOSCOW (AP) - August 4, 2010 -- A donkey sent parasailing over a southern Russian beach last month has been sent to Moscow after being bought by a British newspaper.
The female donkey, Anapka, made headlines across the globe in July when a recreation company sent the braying animal up into the sky for a promotional stunt.
Anapka spent about half an hour in the air, and video of the stunt went viral on YouTube.
But thousands of upset British readers of the The Sun urged the newspaper to rescue the animal.
Anapka traveled Wednesday from her small Azov Sea town to the Kremlin riding school outside Moscow for medical checks.
A Sun reporter says the donkey will spend at least a month in Moscow before the newspaper decides what to do with her. An English soccer team's coach may give Anapka a new home.
moscow, russia, wildlife preservation, animals
- Runway littered with holiday mail 52 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 56 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 44 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 9 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 25 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 1 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
52 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
44 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
7 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
25 min ago