The life of a mascot
DARDANELLE, Ark. (AP) - September 27, 2010 -- Tusk is no dirty pig.
He's a clean Razorback.
Tusk the Third is the mascot of the University of Arkansas.
The 500-pound Russian boar has music 24-hours a day, in his heated and air conditioned living quarters.
He was raised by caretaker Keith Stokes, his wife Julie, and their children.
Game day is more like game week.
Stokes says Tusk needs a couple baths before heading to the stadium.
That's because he likes to roll around in the mud.
Stokes tells a local paper after his Wednesday bath, Tusk isn't allowed outside again until after the game.
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia couple stabbed in their home, son arrested 33 min ago
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot 54 min ago
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos