The life of a mascot
DARDANELLE, Ark. (AP) - September 27, 2010 -- Tusk is no dirty pig.
He's a clean Razorback.
Tusk the Third is the mascot of the University of Arkansas.
The 500-pound Russian boar has music 24-hours a day, in his heated and air conditioned living quarters.
He was raised by caretaker Keith Stokes, his wife Julie, and their children.
Game day is more like game week.
Stokes says Tusk needs a couple baths before heading to the stadium.
That's because he likes to roll around in the mud.
Stokes tells a local paper after his Wednesday bath, Tusk isn't allowed outside again until after the game.
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 39 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 20 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
20 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
39 min ago