The life of a mascot
DARDANELLE, Ark. (AP) - September 27, 2010 -- Tusk is no dirty pig.
He's a clean Razorback.
Tusk the Third is the mascot of the University of Arkansas.
The 500-pound Russian boar has music 24-hours a day, in his heated and air conditioned living quarters.
He was raised by caretaker Keith Stokes, his wife Julie, and their children.
Game day is more like game week.
Stokes says Tusk needs a couple baths before heading to the stadium.
That's because he likes to roll around in the mud.
Stokes tells a local paper after his Wednesday bath, Tusk isn't allowed outside again until after the game.
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 14 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 43 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 43 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 5 min ago