Cow tied to highway guardrail
MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) - November 11, 2010 -- Yes, that was a cow tied to a guardrail on Interstate 84 in Connecticut.
State police say a motorist was forced to pull to the side of the westbound lanes Wednesday morning in Vernon after the cow somehow damaged the walls of the trailer in which it was being transported.
The cow was tied to the guardrail for about 40 minutes, while the motorist made repairs. It was gone by 9:40 a.m.
Lt. Paul Vance, a state police spokesman, said the cow was a curiosity, but did not cause any major traffic problems.
connecticut, wildlife preservation, farming, animals
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 37 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 43 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 35 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 21 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
7 min ago