No more horsing around for teen who rode to school
HAVERFORD, Pa. (AP) - November 12, 2010 -- Whoa! There will be no more horsing around for a suburban Philadelphia teen who's been commuting to school on his trusty steed.
Roby Burch had been riding his horse Jet about four miles each way to the private Haverford School. He kept the horse in a corral on school grounds.
Burch tells The Philadelphia Inquirer that school trustees decided in October that the horse was a liability issue. The teen then began keeping Jet at his uncle's house nearby.
However, Burch says Jet hurt his hoof from the repeated trips over pavement. Another family horse twice escaped while Burch was in class.
Now he's getting a ride from his parents. The 16-year-old hopes to get his driver's license in February.
haverford township, pennsylvania, wildlife preservation, school, animals
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 15 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 26 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 36 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 23 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 22 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 39 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 13 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
39 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
15 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
26 min ago