Arkansas cow gives birth to rare set of triplets
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP) - February 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Guess it runs in the family: A descendant of an Arkansas cow famed for giving birth to triplets multiple times has birthed her own set of triplets.
Rancher David Jones tells the Jonesboro Sun his mixed-breed cow named Nosy Rosy gave birth to the triplets on Jan. 25. According to Oklahoma State University researchers, beef cattle have triplets in one of about 105,000 pregnancies.
Jones says he named Nosy Rosy's calves Larry, Curly and Moe.
Nosy Rosy is the great-granddaughter of a Charolais-mix cow named Faith who had four sets of triplets. Nosy Rosy was a triplet, as was the calves' father, who descended from the same bloodline. Jones says that almost guaranteed Nosy Rosy would have a multiple birth.
arkansas, wildlife preservation, animals
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 1 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
1 min ago