3 rodeo bulls make a run for it through town
POCATELLO, Idaho (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rodeo week in Pocatello kicked off with an unscheduled running of the bulls as three of the bucking beasts broke free and headed through town with cowboys and police in pursuit.
The bulls were being unloaded Wednesday afternoon for the Xtreme Bulls event when they made a run for it. The animals were corralled about a mile away from Idaho State's Holt Arena.
Pocatello Frontier Rodeo Association president Robert Askey says the biggest challenge was keeping people safe and keeping the huge animals calm and off the main streets.
The Xtreme Bulls event went on as scheduled Wednesday night. The Western Frontier Pro Rodeo continues with the Wrangler Million Dollar Silver Tour Rodeo performances Thursday through Saturday.
idaho, wildlife preservation, animals
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport 10 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 16 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends 28 min ago