This gator was looking for love
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP) - April 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Why did the alligator try cross the road?
Maybe to get a new girlfriend.
An alligator that disappeared from a Nature Center in Arkansas was found as he waited to cross a road near the center's entrance.
According to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, the gator may have tried to leave to find a mate.
The Savannah River Ecology Laboratory at the University of Georgia says alligator courtship starts in April and breeding season extends into May.
A center employee says the alligator did the same thing last year.
arkansas, wildlife preservation, animals
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 49 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
49 min ago