Mallard duck nesting in Home Depot garden
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - June 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A mallard duck is sitting on seven eggs in a nest in the lawn and garden section of a Home Depot store in Bangor, Maine.
The duck is surrounded by hostas, impatiens and potting mix. The nest is protected by yellow tape, a sign that tells customers "Please do not disturb the duck." Home Depot's Brenda Hatch, who works in the lawn and garden section, she feeds and waters the duck every day.
The duck showed up last year too, and employees put her in a box and relocated her and her eggs. But she returned about three weeks ago.
The Bangor Daily News says the duck flies off every day, but returns within an hour.
Experts say the eggs should be about ready to hatch.
maine, wildlife preservation, animals
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos