Turtle sendoff this Sunday
BALTIMORE (AP) - June 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph, Frosty and Buddy are heading for some new surroundings.
No, they aren't reindeer, they're endangered sea turtles.
The little guys were stranded on Cape Cod over the winter.
After months of rehabilitation at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, they're ready for release.
The sea turtles will be set free in Chesapeake Bay this weekend and the public is invited to say goodbye.
The send-off is to take place Sunday at Point Lookout State Park in southern Maryland.
baltimore, maryland, wildlife preservation, animals
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases