Ohio shop's gorilla mascot attacked by banana
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio (AP) - July 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- The manager of a cell phone store in Ohio called 911 to report a gorilla had been attacked by a banana.
The Wireless Center in Strongsville, near Cleveland, advertises at curbside with a man in a gorilla suit. Manager Brandon Parham says he was watching last week as a kid dressed as a banana emerged from some bushes and took a flying leap at the store mascot.
Parham says the attacker looked like a Spartan from the movie "300" - except he was a banana.
The gorilla was knocked down but got back up, adjusted his head and went back to work.
A local television station reports the banana split - running down the street with other teens.
Police think it was a prank. They weren't able to find the offending fruit.
ohio, animal attacks, food, wildlife preservation, animals
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ