Ohio shop's gorilla mascot attacked by banana
STRONGSVILLE, Ohio (AP) - July 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- The manager of a cell phone store in Ohio called 911 to report a gorilla had been attacked by a banana.
The Wireless Center in Strongsville, near Cleveland, advertises at curbside with a man in a gorilla suit. Manager Brandon Parham says he was watching last week as a kid dressed as a banana emerged from some bushes and took a flying leap at the store mascot.
Parham says the attacker looked like a Spartan from the movie "300" - except he was a banana.
The gorilla was knocked down but got back up, adjusted his head and went back to work.
A local television station reports the banana split - running down the street with other teens.
Police think it was a prank. They weren't able to find the offending fruit.
ohio, animal attacks, food, wildlife preservation, animals
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 14 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 16 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
10 min ago