Blue shark found decomposing in the woods in NH
MILTON, N.H. (AP) - August 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating the discovery of a decomposing blue shark in the woods of New Hampshire.
Police say they found the 6- to 8-foot shark Thursday night after someone reported smelling something decomposing.
Police tell a local television station that they believe someone caught the shark and later decided to get rid of it by dragging it into the woods in the small town of Milton, about a 45-mile drive from the ocean.
new hampshire, wildlife preservation, animals
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run