Blue shark found decomposing in the woods in NH
MILTON, N.H. (AP) - August 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating the discovery of a decomposing blue shark in the woods of New Hampshire.
Police say they found the 6- to 8-foot shark Thursday night after someone reported smelling something decomposing.
Police tell a local television station that they believe someone caught the shark and later decided to get rid of it by dragging it into the woods in the small town of Milton, about a 45-mile drive from the ocean.
new hampshire, wildlife preservation, animals
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 22 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 4 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote 43 min ago
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion