Blue shark found decomposing in the woods in NH
MILTON, N.H. (AP) - August 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating the discovery of a decomposing blue shark in the woods of New Hampshire.
Police say they found the 6- to 8-foot shark Thursday night after someone reported smelling something decomposing.
Police tell a local television station that they believe someone caught the shark and later decided to get rid of it by dragging it into the woods in the small town of Milton, about a 45-mile drive from the ocean.
new hampshire, wildlife preservation, animals
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park 9 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos