Bear interrupts NH family's outdoor Monopoly game
BEDFORD, N.H. (AP) - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Dutch family vacationing in New Hampshire has quite the story to tell when they return home.
Nine-year-old Cobi Jordan-Anker and 8-year-old Oliver Jordan-Anker were playing Monopoly with their grandmother on the back deck of her Bedford home Monday when they heard their mother inside screaming at them to "get in the house."
They looked behind them and saw a black bear in the yard.
They ran inside and started taking pictures as the bear tore down a bird feeder and ate the seeds before taking off.
The mother, Lisa Jordan-Anker, tells a local television station that a bear is something they'd never see in the wild in Holland.
Police say they have had three reports of bear sightings this summer. They warned residents to not leave food outside.
new hampshire, wildlife preservation, animals
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 19 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?