Bear interrupts NH family's outdoor Monopoly game
BEDFORD, N.H. (AP) - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Dutch family vacationing in New Hampshire has quite the story to tell when they return home.
Nine-year-old Cobi Jordan-Anker and 8-year-old Oliver Jordan-Anker were playing Monopoly with their grandmother on the back deck of her Bedford home Monday when they heard their mother inside screaming at them to "get in the house."
They looked behind them and saw a black bear in the yard.
They ran inside and started taking pictures as the bear tore down a bird feeder and ate the seeds before taking off.
The mother, Lisa Jordan-Anker, tells a local television station that a bear is something they'd never see in the wild in Holland.
Police say they have had three reports of bear sightings this summer. They warned residents to not leave food outside.
new hampshire, wildlife preservation, animals
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 12 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 15 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
9 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
15 min ago