Dog shoots man, really!
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - December 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Utah bird hunter was shot in the buttocks after his dog stepped on a shotgun laid across the bow of a boat.
Box Elder County Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Potter says the 46-year-old Brigham City man was duck hunting with a friend when he climbed out of the boat to move decoys.
Potter says the man left his 12-gauge shotgun in the boat and the dog stepped on it, causing it to fire. It wasn't clear whether the safety on the gun was on at the time.
Potter says the man was hit from about 10 feet away with 27 pellets of birdshot. He says the man wasn't seriously injured, in part because he was wearing waders. The man was treated at a nearby hospital.
utah, guns, animals
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ