There were paws in the pews
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) - December 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Members of a California church had reason for paws over the weekend.
That's paws as in the furry, four-legged variety.
More than a dozen dogs and a few cats received blessings at the Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church in Santa Cruz.
The Sentinel reports Reverend Dennis Vierling sprinkled holy water on the pets.
Vierling has been the priest at the church since September.
But he's held pet blessings at other churches, including in Florida, where people even brought in their horses and livestock.
california, religion, wildlife preservation, animals
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 20 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos