The pigs can stay
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) - January 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Starky gets to stay.
Members of the Lawrence, Kansas, City Commission have decided to let potbellied pigs live in town.
Starky's owner Ehren Penix and about a dozen supporters urged the commission to change city policy.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports commissioners aren't going to allow any pig pens, though.
Only one pig per family will be permitted.
And if the pig stinks, the city will be able to cite the owner under the nuisance ordinance.
kansas, wildlife preservation, animals
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos