Hank the cat sets sights on US Senate
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (AP) - February 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A new U.S. Senate candidate in Virginia wears a tie, has a campaign website and even launched an ad. One big difference? He has a thick coat of fur.
Hank the cat has thrown his paw into the race, running to mock the political status quo. The cat's owner, Anthony Roberts, says he and his partner set up the campaign as an inside joke. But the campaign's website has crashed after a recent spate of publicity.
Hank's campaign posters show the Maine Coon gazing upward, wearing a tie. An ad says Hank, a moderate, will work to make sure America stays the greatest land of all.
Hank is running for the seat being vacated by retiring Sen. James Webb, a Democrat.
virginia, election, animals
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 15 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
15 min ago