Hank the cat sets sights on US Senate
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (AP) - February 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A new U.S. Senate candidate in Virginia wears a tie, has a campaign website and even launched an ad. One big difference? He has a thick coat of fur.
Hank the cat has thrown his paw into the race, running to mock the political status quo. The cat's owner, Anthony Roberts, says he and his partner set up the campaign as an inside joke. But the campaign's website has crashed after a recent spate of publicity.
Hank's campaign posters show the Maine Coon gazing upward, wearing a tie. An ad says Hank, a moderate, will work to make sure America stays the greatest land of all.
Hank is running for the seat being vacated by retiring Sen. James Webb, a Democrat.
virginia, election, animals
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 5 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 50 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 58 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
50 min ago