Fish are in need of a buddy
OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) - March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Even fish need some friends.
Wildlife officials in Wisconsin are looking for volunteers to help guard the sturgeon.
Every spring the giant fish make the journey to their spawning grounds.
The state Department of Natural Resources wants the fish guards to monitor shorelines, to make sure no one tries to net or spear the sturgeon.
But being a fish buddy is no fair weather job, though.
The volunteers face 12-hours shifts, in all sorts of weather.
wisconsin, wildlife preservation, animals
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 56 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 57 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 16 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
59 min ago