Fish are in need of a buddy
OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) - March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Even fish need some friends.
Wildlife officials in Wisconsin are looking for volunteers to help guard the sturgeon.
Every spring the giant fish make the journey to their spawning grounds.
The state Department of Natural Resources wants the fish guards to monitor shorelines, to make sure no one tries to net or spear the sturgeon.
But being a fish buddy is no fair weather job, though.
The volunteers face 12-hours shifts, in all sorts of weather.
wisconsin, wildlife preservation, animals
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?