Fish are in need of a buddy
OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) - March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Even fish need some friends.
Wildlife officials in Wisconsin are looking for volunteers to help guard the sturgeon.
Every spring the giant fish make the journey to their spawning grounds.
The state Department of Natural Resources wants the fish guards to monitor shorelines, to make sure no one tries to net or spear the sturgeon.
But being a fish buddy is no fair weather job, though.
The volunteers face 12-hours shifts, in all sorts of weather.
wisconsin, wildlife preservation, animals
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 7 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co.
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 3 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
7 min ago
- Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
3 min ago