Rooster crows daily at fried chicken restaurant
COLLIERVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - April 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Every day a colorful character visits a fried chicken restaurant outside Memphis and loudly announces his arrival - with a crow.
Nobody seems to know where the red rooster came from, but The Commercial Appeal reported he first showed up about three months ago and has been a daily fixture ever since at Gus' Fried Chicken in Collierville.
He's been known to cross a busy street, but most often crows from a fenced field across the street from the restaurant.
Collierville Animal Services has been trying to catch him. Shelter manager John Robinson says he doesn't want the cocky fowl to meet an untimely end at the paws of a raccoon or other predator.
Robinson said of the bird that he fears no man - or Gus.
tennessee, food, wildlife preservation, animals
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 31 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 51 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
47 min ago