Rooster crows daily at fried chicken restaurant
COLLIERVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - April 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Every day a colorful character visits a fried chicken restaurant outside Memphis and loudly announces his arrival - with a crow.
Nobody seems to know where the red rooster came from, but The Commercial Appeal reported he first showed up about three months ago and has been a daily fixture ever since at Gus' Fried Chicken in Collierville.
He's been known to cross a busy street, but most often crows from a fenced field across the street from the restaurant.
Collierville Animal Services has been trying to catch him. Shelter manager John Robinson says he doesn't want the cocky fowl to meet an untimely end at the paws of a raccoon or other predator.
Robinson said of the bird that he fears no man - or Gus.
tennessee, food, wildlife preservation, animals
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 33 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 54 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 52 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
54 min ago