Puppy on runway delays flights at NYC airport
NEW YORK (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A puppy named Byrdie delayed several flights at New York's LaGuardia Airport when she escaped from her crate and frolicked around a busy runway.
The Port Authority says the 30-pound Rhodesian ridgeback scampered around the runway for about 10 minutes on Wednesday while authorities unsuccessfully tried to collar her.
The agency says they had to find the pooch's owner aboard the Memphis-bound Delta Air Lines Airbus to help catch it.
The owner was brought out on to the runway. She called out to the 14-month-old pup and she came running to her.
new york, new york city, air travel, dogs, animals
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)