Puppy on runway delays flights at NYC airport
NEW YORK (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A puppy named Byrdie delayed several flights at New York's LaGuardia Airport when she escaped from her crate and frolicked around a busy runway.
The Port Authority says the 30-pound Rhodesian ridgeback scampered around the runway for about 10 minutes on Wednesday while authorities unsuccessfully tried to collar her.
The agency says they had to find the pooch's owner aboard the Memphis-bound Delta Air Lines Airbus to help catch it.
The owner was brought out on to the runway. She called out to the 14-month-old pup and she came running to her.
new york, new york city, air travel, dogs, animals
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 18 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
18 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
51 min ago