Cocker spaniel rescued from 30-foot fall into well
ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Deputy sheriffs and rescue personnel in South Carolina have reunited a 4-year-old cocker spaniel with her family after she fell down a 30-foot well.
The Anderson Independent-Mail reports that the dog, Reese, wanted to see what her family members were doing as they worked to repair a home well. The dog jumped on top of the well Friday evening to see what was inside.
With the well cover removed, the dog fell down the well and began paddling to stay afloat. Reese's owner, Amanda Schronce, called 911, and Anderson County emergency personnel responded. They brought the dog out in less than an hour.
south carolina, rescue, dogs, animals
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 33 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 2 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 20 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest