Cocker spaniel rescued from 30-foot fall into well
ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) - May 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Deputy sheriffs and rescue personnel in South Carolina have reunited a 4-year-old cocker spaniel with her family after she fell down a 30-foot well.
The Anderson Independent-Mail reports that the dog, Reese, wanted to see what her family members were doing as they worked to repair a home well. The dog jumped on top of the well Friday evening to see what was inside.
With the well cover removed, the dog fell down the well and began paddling to stay afloat. Reese's owner, Amanda Schronce, called 911, and Anderson County emergency personnel responded. They brought the dog out in less than an hour.
south carolina, rescue, dogs, animals
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 47 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 20 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 45 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 50 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 18 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more