Police say roving cows drank backyard brews
BOXFORD, Mass. (AP) - May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a roving group of cows crashed a small gathering in a Massachusetts town and bullied the guests for their beer.
Boxford police Lt. James Riter says he was responding to a call for loose cows on Sunday and spotted them in a front yard.
Riter says the herd high-tailed it for the backyard and then he heard screaming. He says when he ran back there he saw the cows had chased off some young adults and were drinking their beers.
Riter says the cows had knocked the beer cans over on a table and were lapping up what spilled. He says they even started rooting around the recycled cans for some extra drops.
Riter says the cows' owner and some friends herded the cows back home.
massachusetts, alcohol, beer, wildlife preservation, animals
- More Snow on the Way 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Preparing for more snow
- Video: Tracking more snow 54 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school 32 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 33 min ago
- Video: Recapping the Eagles Snow Bowl 40 min ago
- Roy Halladay retires after 16 seasons 36 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- More Snow on the Way
34 min ago