Supersized hen egg had another egg inside
ABILENE, Texas (AP) - June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Texas woman who found an egg the size of a baseball in her chicken coop cracked it open to find another full egg inside.
Cookie Smith of Abilene found earlier this week what she calls the "mutant super egg" that was an inch longer and triple the weight of a regular hen's egg. She initially took pictures of the egg and showed photos to her co-workers at an Abilene hospital.
She cracked it open only after an Abilene Reporter-News photographer accompanied her home. Inside was a large yolk - and another intact normal-sized egg.
Smith says she knows the eggs may have been OK to eat, but she's opting to pass.
texas, wildlife preservation, animals
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 25 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 7 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote 46 min ago
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion