Baby robin cuddles up with cats
OTSEGO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - June 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A baby robin is spending some quality time with some friendly cats in southwestern Michigan.
MLive.com reports Karin Caston's cats have accepted the bird, named Peeps, since she found it about two weeks ago in her yard in Allegan County's Otsego Township, 35 miles south of Grand Rapids.
The bird lives in a cage, but spends time nestled in the fur of two of Caston's cats or perched on their backs. A third cat lets the bird walk around it. She tells The Associated Press in an email that she first locked up the cats when she started caring for the bird.
The robin also likes to hang out on Karin Caston's finger. She says the bird is expected to be released at an area park.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 51 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 12 min ago
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
51 min ago