Loose kangaroo startles Washington state drivers
PASCO, Wash. (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Startled drivers weren't seeing things - it really was a kangaroo hopping down the highway in Washington state.
The meandering marsupial nearly caused a couple of accidents Saturday and police responded, keeping the 'roo off the road while its owner tracked it down and caught it with help from friends.
A local television station reports that the owner lives in an area of the state where it's legal to own exotic pets. The Franklin County resident also has a zebra.
washington, wildlife preservation, animals
- More Snow on the Way 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Preparing for more snow
- Video: Tracking more snow
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school 45 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 46 min ago
- Video: Recapping the Eagles Snow Bowl 53 min ago
- Roy Halladay retires after 16 seasons 49 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- More Snow on the Way
47 min ago