Loose kangaroo startles Washington state drivers
PASCO, Wash. (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Startled drivers weren't seeing things - it really was a kangaroo hopping down the highway in Washington state.
The meandering marsupial nearly caused a couple of accidents Saturday and police responded, keeping the 'roo off the road while its owner tracked it down and caught it with help from friends.
A local television station reports that the owner lives in an area of the state where it's legal to own exotic pets. The Franklin County resident also has a zebra.
washington, wildlife preservation, animals
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 9 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
47 min ago