Surfing goats ride waves in Orange County
SAN ONOFRE STATE BEACH, Calif. (AP) - July 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two goats named Goatee and Pismo are wowing California beachgoers with their surfing skills.
The goats' owner, Dana McGregor, says he taught his goats to surf because he loves to ride the waves and thought they would like it, too.
The goats stood on surfboards and cruised along waves Wednesday at San Onofre State Beach, as bystanders watched in amazement.
Goatee, a nanny goat, and her billy goat, Pismo, even rode waves together. But after a few rides, Goatee swam to shore.
McGregor says he originally got Goatee to eat unwanted foliage on his property.
He began taking the goat to the beach with him, eventually putting her on a surfboard.
McGregor says he started putting Pismo on a board after he was born in March.
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 8 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 43 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 40 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 19 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
16 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
8 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
43 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
7 min ago