Lobster gets lucky
WATERFORD, Conn. (AP) - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a fate better than butter -- for Lucky Larry the lobster.
Don MacKenzie bought the 17-pound lobster at a Waterford, Connecticut, restaurant.
But Lucky Larry wasn't headed for a pot of boiling water.
MacKenzie released the big crustacean back into Long Island Sound.
MacKenzie won't say how much he paid The Dock restaurant to take Lucky Larry off the menu.
But MacKenzie tells a local paper it's the "most expensive lobster" he never ate.
connecticut, food, wildlife preservation, animals
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 50 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 4 min ago
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber