Lobster gets lucky
WATERFORD, Conn. (AP) - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a fate better than butter -- for Lucky Larry the lobster.
Don MacKenzie bought the 17-pound lobster at a Waterford, Connecticut, restaurant.
But Lucky Larry wasn't headed for a pot of boiling water.
MacKenzie released the big crustacean back into Long Island Sound.
MacKenzie won't say how much he paid The Dock restaurant to take Lucky Larry off the menu.
But MacKenzie tells a local paper it's the "most expensive lobster" he never ate.
connecticut, food, wildlife preservation, animals
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish