Observing bees up close and personal
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tarrin George and Levi Miller have something new at their Colorado fruit and vegetable stand.
They have bees -- and plenty of them.
About 12,000 Italian honeybees live in a clear plastic hive at The Red Barn Farms and Gardens stand.
George and Miller are engaged and say they especially enjoy the reaction of kids.
The children get to learn about the role bees play in agriculture.
The couple tells the Daily Sentinel newspaper the kids relax once they learn they won't be stung.
colorado, wildlife preservation, animals
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J. 48 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch