Observing bees up close and personal
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tarrin George and Levi Miller have something new at their Colorado fruit and vegetable stand.
They have bees -- and plenty of them.
About 12,000 Italian honeybees live in a clear plastic hive at The Red Barn Farms and Gardens stand.
George and Miller are engaged and say they especially enjoy the reaction of kids.
The children get to learn about the role bees play in agriculture.
The couple tells the Daily Sentinel newspaper the kids relax once they learn they won't be stung.
colorado, wildlife preservation, animals
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 46 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 30 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 50 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 50 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 50 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
46 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
50 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
50 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos