Observing bees up close and personal
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tarrin George and Levi Miller have something new at their Colorado fruit and vegetable stand.
They have bees -- and plenty of them.
About 12,000 Italian honeybees live in a clear plastic hive at The Red Barn Farms and Gardens stand.
George and Miller are engaged and say they especially enjoy the reaction of kids.
The children get to learn about the role bees play in agriculture.
The couple tells the Daily Sentinel newspaper the kids relax once they learn they won't be stung.
colorado, wildlife preservation, animals
- Snow today, heavy at times 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 57 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
9 min ago