This Doolittle couldn't talk to the animals
MATTAWAN, Mich. (AP) - September 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sure, a guy named Doolittle finds a gator in Michigan.
That was the reaction when Terry Doolittle called authorities to say he discovered an alligator while mowing his lawn.
He says officials thought he was pulling a Dr. Doolittle prank -- you know -- the guy who could talk to animals.
But an animal rescue worker finally came out to his house and pulled out the gator that was trapped in a basement window well.
Authorities figure the west Michigan gator is someone's escaped pet.
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police