41-pound cat named Skinny up for adoption
RICHARDSON, Texas (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Don't be fooled by the name: Skinny the cat is one hefty feline. And all 41 pounds of her needs a home.
A Dallas-area animal shelter has cared for the 5-year-old orange tabby since getting a call about a stray in a yard about a week ago.
Kim Chapin with Richardson Animal Services said Friday that Skinny's "very sweet" - and the largest cat she's seen in 21 years with the shelter.
Not surprising. U.S. government growth charts show Skinny weighs about as much as the average 4-year-old child.
Chapin says Skinny appears healthy except for being overweight and likely having diabetes. Blood tests have been ordered.
Chapin says somebody apparently had been caring for the cat but officials aren't sure who owned the huge kitty.
texas, adoption, pets, animals
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 50 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 42 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 25 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 26 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
53 min ago
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
15 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
25 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
8 min ago