New York News
Man assaulted near ferry terminal, then run over by cop
NEW YORK -- A man badly beaten outside the Staten Island Ferry Terminal was then unintentionally run over by an off-duty NYPD officer.
Police say the 33-year-old victim was assaulted by two men on Richmond Terrace around 2:35 a.m. Thursday.
The suspects fled the scene in a taxi, leaving the victim lying in the street in front of the ferry terminal.
He was then accidentally run over by a passing black Ford Explorer driven by the off-duty cop. The driver, who did not see the victim lying in the street, stopped and called police.
The victim was rushed to Richmond University Medical Center in serious but stable condition.
The driver of the SUV was talking to investigators.
The two suspects in the initial assault have not been caught.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, assault, pedestrian struck, new york news
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 39 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 54 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 49 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 39 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
39 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
34 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
54 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos