New York News
Fire tears through chicken restaurant in the Bronx
NEW YORK -- Fire burned through a chicken restaurant in the University Heights section of the Bronx early Tuesday.
The blaze broke out inside the Kennedy Fried Chicken on Jerome Avenue just before 6:30 a.m.
Heavy flames shot out the roof of the building.
Local streets were closed through the area.
No. 4 train service was also temporarily suspended between 161st Street-Yankee Stadium and Woodlawn in both directions during the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, new york news
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ