New York News
Fire tears through chicken restaurant in the Bronx
NEW YORK -- Fire burned through a chicken restaurant in the University Heights section of the Bronx early Tuesday.
The blaze broke out inside the Kennedy Fried Chicken on Jerome Avenue just before 6:30 a.m.
Heavy flames shot out the roof of the building.
Local streets were closed through the area.
No. 4 train service was also temporarily suspended between 161st Street-Yankee Stadium and Woodlawn in both directions during the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, fire, new york news
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 3 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 56 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 28 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 12 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 28 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 1 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 52 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
1 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
52 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos