New York News
Brooklyn robbery pulled off by men posing as cops
NEW YORK -- The search is on to find two men who posed as police officers and robbed people inside a home in Brooklyn.
Police have released pictures of the suspects who they say pretended to be cops, and then pushed their way into the home in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
It happened January 16th in the vicinity of Atlantic Avenue and Herkimer Street.
The two zip tied the residents, then fled with cash and a laptop computer.
No injuries were reported.
One suspect is described as a black male, approximately 6'00" with black hair and glasses.
The other is described as a Hispanic male, with black hair wearing a shield around his neck
Anyone with information in regards to this robbery is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, police, robbery, new york news
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 25 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 13 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
25 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos