New York News
Brooklyn robbery pulled off by men posing as cops
NEW YORK -- The search is on to find two men who posed as police officers and robbed people inside a home in Brooklyn.
Police have released pictures of the suspects who they say pretended to be cops, and then pushed their way into the home in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
It happened January 16th in the vicinity of Atlantic Avenue and Herkimer Street.
The two zip tied the residents, then fled with cash and a laptop computer.
No injuries were reported.
One suspect is described as a black male, approximately 6'00" with black hair and glasses.
The other is described as a Hispanic male, with black hair wearing a shield around his neck
Anyone with information in regards to this robbery is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting their tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, bedford-stuyvesant, brooklyn, police, robbery, new york news
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 19 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 11 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 28 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 31 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
31 min ago